New edition of Network Performing Arts Production Workshop in Barcelona
The event will be hosted by the Gran Teatre del Liceu
For the third year, TERENA is teaming up with Internet2 and European NRENs to organise a Network Performing Arts Production Workshop in Europe. After the successful events in Trieste and Paris, the next workshop will be held in Barcelona on 15-17 June 2011, hosted by the Gran Teatre del Liceu, the Barcelona opera house, who as you probably know has been very active in promoting education initiatives via research networks, such as Òpera Oberta.
The third European Network Performing Arts Production Workshop is a collaborative effort between TERENA, RedIRIS, CESCA, Internet2, and GARR.
Besides providing attendees with the opportunity to 'learn, touch and play' with diverse solutions this event aims at building a community and creating opportunities for collaboration among research networks, artists and educational institutions in Europe and beyond.
Similar as in previous years, topics to be covered include:
* hands-on sessions of established and emerging technologies such as DVTS, JackTrip, ConferenceXP, EchoDamp and LOLA,
* a tutorial on audio and lighting for best results in video-conferencing
* a live networked master class
* demonstrations of live networking performance events and projects
* anyone that produces performing arts events (academies or colleges of music, dance, arts etc.) and wants to explore using advanced research networks services in teaching, rehearsals and performances
* people involved in audio / video production in other domains
* NRENs and other regional education networks whose constituencies may have a need to transmit high-end audiovisual productions
For further information, including technical requirements and registration, please see the workshop website: