RedIRIS involvement GN3plus
RedIRIS contributes to the project by:
- Participating in project coordination, including participation in the Innovation and Strategy Committee and the Cost-Sharing Committee.
- Collaborating in various strategic service activities, such as backbone network services (including security aspects in the backbone network), providing network services, network support services and application services.
- Participating in joint research on identity and trust technology
- Facilitating participation in the project by institutions affiliated with RedIRIS, such as the University of Murcia, University of the Basque Country and I2CAT Foundation
- Together with the Portuguese national academic network FCCN, providing the consortium with one of the links of the backbone network (Madrid-Lisbon), leveraging the trans-Iberian academic optical fibre access network deployed by both organisations by using their national backbone networks.
- The contribution of RedIRIS (and collaborating institutions) to the project in terms of personnel is equivalent to five full-time individuals for the duration of the project (RedIRIS will contribute one of them).